Hospitals and clinics lose millions of dollars each year to flaws in documentation, coding and other workflow communication. To ensure you are being fully compensated for your team’s hard work and expertise, IOD provides a comprehensive Healthcare Reimbursement Analysis.
IOD’s Charge Capture Review is a comprehensive analysis of the patient invoice against corresponding medical records. Carried out by IOD’s experienced team of RNs and LPNs, the review identifies any unrecorded procedures or other ancillary charges that could lead to additional revenue. Charge Capture Review will analyze Documentation, NCCI Edits, Diagnosis Coding against Services Billed and Identification of Services.
With Chargemaster Review, IOD specialists examine all Chargemaster line items with respect to coding, billing regulations, clinical procedures and health records documentation. Line review includes:
- Revenue codes for accuracy and linkage
- CPT/HCPCS codes for accuracy, validity and relationship to charge description number
- Procedure and service descriptions for accuracy and clinical appropriateness
- CPT, HCPCS and revenue code Medicare compliance
- Charge dollar amounts appropriateness
- Charge description number uniqueness and validity
- Department code numbers uniqueness and validity
- APC “pass-through” items
- Charge ticket and order entry screens accuracy and mapping
- CDM Review
IOD delivers a detailed report that shows worksheets with corrections and/or recommendations for workflow improvement. Our recommendations can include on-site training based on review outcome to help improve results.